Private money lending has become increasingly popular in the real estate market. Private money lenders offer a type of financing that traditional banks don’t.
A real estate investor may opt to work with a private real estate lending firm because:
- They don’t qualify for traditional financing.
- The terms and rates are more flexible.
- Deal closings are quicker.
Private money lending is a staple in real estate investing because investors need alternative financing sources. Private money lenders provide billions of dollars in loans each year, and they play a vital role in helping investors acquire and rehab properties.
What Are Private Money Lenders in Real Estate?
Private money lenders are not banks, so they are not subject to the same regulations as banks. Traditional lenders have strict lending criteria, making it difficult for real estate investors to qualify for financing (especially if they don’t have W-2 income).
As a result, private investor loans can be a valuable tool for borrowers who need financing for their real estate investments.
The Benefits of Private Money Lenders
The real estate market is a hotbed of activity right now. Rising prices and demand are outpacing inventory. This can make it difficult for investors to quickly get the financing they need to buy properties. This is where private real estate lenders come in.
Today’s real estate market reveals several benefits of private money lending such as:
- Faster approval times: Private money lenders can often approve loans much faster than traditional lenders. They don’t have the same paperwork requirements as traditional lenders because they focus on underwriting the property as an investment.
- More flexible terms: Private money lenders are usually willing to work with investors on loan lengths and structures, loan amounts, and repayment terms.
- Access to more capital: Private money lenders can often finance larger deals than traditional lenders.
- No prepayment penalties: Private money lenders often allow investors to pay off interest-only bridge loans for fix-and-flips or new construction early without a penalty.
Lima One Capital is a great option for real estate investors who need a private lender. Our goal is to help investors get the financing they need to bring their investment strategy to life.
Here are some additional benefits of working with Lima One as your private money lender:
- A robust product suite: Lima One Capital is one of the best lenders in the industry. We offer some of the most competitive loans designed to help investors be successful on fix-and-flips, rental portfolios, new construction, and multifamily projects.
- Our national footprint: Lima One lends in 46 states plus Washington, D.C.
- In–house servicing: From the initial conversation to the final payoff, you’ll be working with our team of in-house experts at Lima One – not an outsourced vendor.
How to Find the Right Private Money Lender
Private money lending is a great option for real estate investors who need financing but don’t qualify for or want to wait for a traditional bank loan. Yet, with so many private money lenders out there, it can be tough to know where to start.
Here are some tips for finding the right private money lender for your investment:
- Do your research. Several websites list private money lenders. These websites can be a great way to find lenders in your area and compare their terms and rates.
- Speak with multiple lenders. Schedule meetings with a few potential lenders. Discuss your investment plans and get quotes on their terms and rates. Look for a lender that understands your strategy and has loans that can support it.
- Network with other investors. Talk to other real estate investors and ask them what private lenders they use.
- Get referrals from real estate experts. Ask your real estate agent, title company, or attorney which private lenders they have experience with.
Once you’ve found a few potential private money lenders, do your due diligence to make sure they’re a good fit for you.
Why You Should Choose Lima One as Your Private Money Lender
If you are considering private money lending, it is important to find a reputable lender. Your lender should offer unmatched professionalism and efficiency every step of the way.
At Lima One Capital, you’ll work with a lender different than others in our space.
Our in-house underwriting, construction management, and servicing teams understand the important role they play in your real estate business. They’ll work in lockstep with you to help you grow and scale your business throughout the life of your loan.